Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quilting

Just a few days ago, my mother taught me how to sew.  Since then, I've been sewing quilts like crazy!  I've been super-fueled with coffee and the excited-about-my-outcome jitters, lol!

I've just done the fronts of the quilts for now.  I'll do the backing later on (I'll have to learn how to do that as well, lol).

So far, I've gotten 3 quilt fronts done and I must say... I'm damn proud of them and myself!  Also, I have found the craft project that does not bore me, lol.  Quilting!  I get bored easily with a lot of things but I haven't (yet) with the quilts.

Here's all the things I've done or have tried to do...

Make jewelry ~ Yawn...
Make/Paint wooden signs ~ No patience!
Make bird houses ~ Bore!  And I don't have the proper tools.
Plastic Canvas Crafts ~ Not my thing...
Holiday Crafts (centerpieces) ~ Ok for a once a year thing :)
Knitting ~ Bah! Only fun for the first 5 minutes...
Make Quilts ~ Love, love, love it!!!

I will take pictures of the quilt fronts I've gotten done so far this weekend and try to upload them on here.  I'm ubberly excited about getting them done!  Who knows... Maybe I'll open up an Etsy account if I get good feedback from people :)

I don't know what it is about quilting that doesn't bore me... Maybe the sound of the sewing machine?  Taking control and picking my own colors or reasons for the shapes?  Maybe it's just the simple fact that I, myself, LOVE quilts?  I don't know my reason for liking it so much but that's ok.  I find it to be relaxing and therapeutic in a way...

(Strange... I found something that is relaxing and doesn't stress me out)



First quilt I did

Second quilt I did

Third quilt I did

No comments:

Post a Comment