Thursday, October 28, 2010

Now what?

As far as I can remember, I've never met my father.  Might have when I was a new born baby but I wouldn't remember, obviously.  My whole life (almost 27 years) I've always wondered about him.  His personality.  His quirks.  What he's like.  What he looks like...

Growing up, I was always jealous of my friends who had a father in their lives.  A father teaching his son how to build things or a father over-protecting his daughter from boys.  I always wondered what it was like.  Sure, I had a step-father for many years.  He was a real piece of work *eye roll*.  I've never called him Dad.  Simply put, he made my life hell.  But, I won't get in to how horrible he was with me or my mother.  I'm just glad he's gone.  I've never called anyone Dad.

I woke up this morning and logged in to FaceBook and had a friend request.  Well, it was my real father.  I didn't know what to think or what to do.  I thought about it for a while and accepted his request to be friends.  He then wrote to me.  When I saw his name in my inbox, I started shaking I was so nervous.  After I read what he wrote, I smiled.  It totally made my day :)

There's so much I want to know about him.  What his life was like growing up.  All things good and bad.  Family from his side.  If I have more siblings.  Favorites and dislikes.  I don't even know where to start when it comes to asking him questions.  Sure, I want to know everything about him but I don't want to ask him all these questions and have him get annoyed, lol.  I don't even know how to have a father/daughter relationship... But, that's something I want to work on and try to do.  I'm so glad he took that huge step and asked to be friends.  Things have been rocky for me when it came to him but I feel like I can get pass that.  I want to know him and have him in my life.  I just hope it doesn't go back to how it used to be.

Well, I think it's time for me to get off here.  I'm tired and ready for bed.  Goodnight stars, goodnight moon, goodnight world :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment