Saturday, October 30, 2010

Poem ~ Gray Skies

So, this is a poem I wrote a few years ago... Well about 7-8 years ago (??). Anywho, it's been a while, lol.  I wrote this poem as a form of therapy.  Yeah, something I went through with an ex and something I will NEVER go through again... 



Gray Skies





Days of thunder, 
skies of gray.
I wanted to run...
I wanted to get away.

Get away from everything.
All the lies, all the pain.
Everytime he hit me,
brought on all the rain.

The rain poured down on me,
making it hard to breathe.
Chilling me to the bone.
I just wanted to be free.

Free of all the hurt.
All the bruises, all the names.
Free of all the accusations
he kept throwing my way.

Accusing me of everything...
of lying and cheating.
He accused me every day
and every night there was a beating.

A beating so intense,
it took my breath away.
I didn't want to live
to see another day.

Another day of black,
another day of blue.
I wanted no more gray skies.
I was completely through...

No comments:

Post a Comment