Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ten years from now...

Remember being asked where you thought you'd be 10 years from now?  Well, 10-11 years ago (roughly) I was asked that question.  I think it was back in high school.  I am now 27 years old.  Yeah, I have a hard time getting out of bed and I'm feeling pain in places I didn't when I was younger... Getting older is a real bitch joy!

Someone ~ "So Shannon, where do you see yourself in 10 years?"
Me ~ "I dunno... Maybe rich, un-married, kid-less and happy.  Oh yeah, and definitely NOT at my high school reunion!"

Well, I'm still un-married and kid-less and happy!  But, I'm still a part of the broke folk community!

Why am I un-married?  I'm pretty sure I will never get married.  I don't need a piece of paper and a ring to prove that I love someone.  And on the plus side, if we ever get tired of each other, we just go our separate ways!  No messy divorce and nobody going into debt paying for the divorce :)  What about common law marriage?  I don't know the rules here in the great state of Oregon for that but I'll just play dumb, lol.

Why don't I have kids or want them?  Well, don't get me wrong... I love kids so long as they aren't mine!  Growing up, I was a complete brat to my mother and that's something I DON'T want to deal with, lol.  Another me in the world?  I think not!  Although, I will admit that some kids can get under my skin... What about those kids in the store just screaming their little heads off if mom or dad won't buy them something?  Annoying?  Yeah!

Babies... Understandable.
Toddlers... I get it.
Anywhere from 5 and up... Get your kid in order!

I think a lot of 'screaming, fit-throwing, temper tantrum' kids is just a result of parenting.  Spoil them too much and they think they deserve everything they ask for.  When told "no" they get upset and throw fits.  Set boundaries and rules and kids respect parents more.  They need to earn what they get, lol.  Mow the yard for a summer (older kid, of course) and you'll get a PS3 or something like that.  Then again, maybe this is why I don't have kids, lol... I know nothing about them!

Why do I not want to go to my 10 year reunion?  Because most the kids I went to school with were... Well... They were very rude and judgmental.  I had a small count of true friends.  Preppies?  Nope.  Jocks?  Hell no!  Smart Geeks?  No.  I was in the 'Loner' group.  I hated cheerleading, sports, pep rallies, computers, video games... I liked writing, reading and hanging out with my friends.  Although, most of my friends were out of high school (I hung with the older crowd).  I always got home after my curfew, lol.

Why am I broke?  Ask Nobama!

So, right now, where to you see yourself 10 years from now?

Me?  Still un-married, kid-less, poor but still happy!  (yeah, I set my goals low so I'm not that disappointed when things don't go my way)

No comments:

Post a Comment