Thursday, November 4, 2010

Coffee and Cleaning...

Monday - Thursday is the same routine for me.  I get up at 5 am.  and press start on my coffee pot (I always get my coffee pot ready to go the night before).  I then let the dogs outside to do their business while I have a cancer stick (bad, I know).  Afterwards, the dogs and I go back inside and I get me a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee and add a small spoon-full of sugar and 2 ice cubes (don't want to burn my tongue).  After my first sip of coffee, I then get my mans lunch ready (he would be completely lost without me).  On cold mornings, I will start his truck (he loves me more for that, lol).  He then leaves for work around 5:45 am. and I do my usual FaceBook apps.  Mafia Wars, FarmVille and FrontierVille.  Damn things!  I should just get rid of them.  I hate the fact that I'm worried about my crops going to waste!  Pathetic I tell ya... After FB, I start my normal day of cleaning :)  

I love the fact that I keep our house clean.  It's a great feeling to see my efforts shine :)  Years ago, I worked as a Maid and I HATED to come home and do chores for mom.  Who wanted to clean all day at work and then clean more at home?  I know I sure didn't!  But now that I'm not a maid and I have a house of my own (well, with my boyfriend) I love my house to be spotless.  So much that I always double mop my hardwood floors, lol... Once with the Swiffer wet jet mop and once with my Bona hardwood mop.  Since double mopping, I've noticed that a Swiffer is not all that great.  It seems to just smear the dirt around, lol.  If I don't get a better first mop then I'll start doing a triple mop!  

Remember as a kid how you would always get excited to get the new coolest toy?  Well, now that I'm grown up, I get excited about new cleaning products, lol.  Now, that right there  is sad :)  

A few months ago, we had a knock on the door and it was a Kirby salesman.  He asked if he could vacuum our floors to show us a demonstration.  We have hardwood floors so we told him he could vacuum our couches.  So, he did.  I'm super impressed with the Kirby (but not the price) and I would like one of them... or a Rainbow.  They both do wonders.  We got the salesman to clean our couches, the carpet in our room and he even vacuumed our bed.  It was nice to have a man clean like that for a change, lol.  I told my boyfriend to take notes :)  He didn't.

Back to the coffee topic.  I love, love, love coffee!  Some days, I'll drink two whole pots... Some would say I'm a coffee hog.  It doesn't really give me energy, it just keeps my eyes open, lol.  I like those coffee huts on corners in town or in parking lots.  They are my favorite places to get coffee.  I'm not a big fan of Dutch Brothers or Starbucks.  My all-time favorite coffee hut is the Full Throttle Java.  The girls there are awesome and very friendly.  They make the best blended full throttle (I always get that one and no it's not a full throttle energy drink blended up).  It's the best coffee drink so far for me.  It comes with 5 shots of espresso in a 24 oz. but I always get an extra shot just for good measure, lol.     

Well all... I think I've blogged enough for now.  I'm not getting my house spotless by sitting on my tush :)  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment