Sunday, November 21, 2010

Yesterday...

I had a great day yesterday for my birthday/turkey day.  Kris and I went to my mothers house for dinner and games with the family.

The turkey was yummy and the stuffing and yams were the best!  Mmm... I love me some yams... *drools*... Instead of having pie, we had cake.  A yummy vanilla cake with way too many candles, lol.  My mom always amazes me with big dinners like that... Spend alllll daaaay loooong cooking just for people to sit and scarf (literally) food for 15-20 minutes.  Me?  I don't have the patience to slave away on a great, big dinner just to enjoy for a short time.  I would much rather slave on T.V. Dinners in the oven, lol.  Gotta give props to my mom!  :)

Games were fun... We played Pinochle and I lost :)  (I always seem to anymore)  After the game, there was a bit of drama between two people about health care issues... But, other then the drama, I had an awesome birthday!  I do wish my father would have been able to make it.  Hopefully he will feel better soon and we can meet up sometime...

My mother gave me candles... Black-cherry!  My favorite!  My boyfriend bought me an amazing diner at Diego's about a month ago.  My uncle and his girlfriend got me some lottery scratch-its and I won $20.00 on those and my mothers landlord (and friend for years) gave me some cash.  I keep telling people to not get me anything but they never listen.  I'm too old to be receiving gifts for a b-day.  Although, I did buy myself a cute, warm winter coat this morning!  :)  I love it!

Well, time to get my butt in gear and finish cleaning house and doing laundry so I can relax this evening.  Desperate Housewives is on tonight so I'm pretty excited about that :)  Later all!

No comments:

Post a Comment